Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's been a while!

Sorry I haven't posted in such a long time! I've actually been writing posts, but haven't had access to the internet to post them! So sometime this week I will be adding several new posts. Today Jon and I walked to the main mall area of Gabs and bought a crate for Zinzi to go home in. He seems to like his new house, and has been making himself comfortable!

Other than that things here have been going well!

FOUR WEEKS LEFT!!

I'm not excited to leave Africa, because I will definately miss it, but I am excited to get home and see my family, and have some real food!! I get home on Mothers Day, and my sister has taken the day after off from work so pedicures and hair cuts and all that good stuff! It'll be nice to feel clean again!

Recently I worked out my classes for the fall.. I'm taking my senior seminar in psychology with a really great professor who I haven't been able to take a course with yet. I also have another great professor, who I have had, for my social psychology lab. I am also taking a course on teaching reading and language arts, this is to prepare me for my final MTEL this fall. In addition to that I am taking a ballet class to fulfill my arts requirement.. which should be interesting, but as most of my good friends are amazing dancers I should have a lot of help! I will also being working on an independent study with one of my professors for issues in early care, so that should be plenty to keep me busy.

I'll be living in the same building as I have the past two years, but in a different room. It's exciting though because this year more of my friends have moved into the same area, so I'll have lots of company.

Right now I'm waiting on hearing about my precepting for next fall - I wasn't able to work as a preceptor last year at school, but I re-applied for this year, and hopefully that works out! I should know the 17th. I'm also waiting to hear from a summer job in Concord, it's been a little more difficult this year looking for summer jobs from Botswana, but cross your fingers this works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment